The Youth and Family Ministry at Green Lawn is dedicated to supporting teens as they mature in their own personal relationships with Christ and equipping them with the tools they need to reach out to others. It also wants to be a resource to parents as they prepare their kids for adulthood, knowing that ultimately it is the parents who make the greatest impact on their children's lives.
What to expect:
Classes for grades six through twelve are provided each Sunday morning and Wednesday night. In addition to class times, the high school students are encouraged to attend small groups once a month with adults who want to mentor them in their walk with Christ. The teens are also able to experience devotionals, Bible studies, retreats, camps, and mission trips. All of these classes and activities are designed to inspire the teens to stand strong in their relationship with God and encourage others around them to do the same.
When the teens wrote the mission statement below, not only did they describe the youth group, they outlined the role that the church should play in the lives of believers and the loves of the lost. We need people who are passionate about Christ and His power in our lives, and willing to take the time necessary to be the church to our youth. These teenagers are not the future of the church, they are the church.
We the Green Lawn Youth Group ...
- Devote ourselves to love, serve, respect, and encourage each other out of our love for God.
- Work to carry out God's love through service to others, believing that true faith inspires deeds. (James 2:14)
- Agree to leave all our worldly differences outside the doors so we can continue living, growing, and being accountable to one another in the Lord.
- Desire to learn to be disciples of Christ for life.
Opportunities for service:
- Serve as sponsor for activities, trips, and service projects
- Drivers with CDL licensure to transport to activities and trips
- Provide food for activities and devotionals
- Host fellowship and devotionals
- Pray and support the youth to grow in wisdom and spirit of the Lord
- Participate in planning and coordination
- Provide leadership role models through mentoring relationships
- Mission Trips