Click here to provide us with your contact information,
and we will let you know when the next Grief Support Group is forming.
What Can I expect when I attend the Grief Recovery Group?
After the loss of a loved one, we experience a wide variety of feelings and emotions. The ever-changing emotions we experience with grief can catch us off guard, causing us to act out of character, or differently than our typical personality and demeanor.
We all need a support system to help us as we move through our grief journey. While family and friends are vital, unless they have experienced a close personal loss, they most likely don't fully "get it." That is where support groups can become a valuable resources. In a support group, you will find up to 10 or so new friends also living life after loss.
Grief support groups offer companionship and understanding from others who have experienced a similar loss, and are experiencing similar challengers that living with grief brings. In a culture that often avoids talking about loss, support groups give you an opportunity to share your story openly and guilt free. You also have opportunity to hear the stories of others and talk about coping day-to-day, as well as on the most difficult days of our grief journeys.
If you are looking for a support system in your grief journey, you should consider the support group offered at Green Lawn. You will likely find the following things there:
- Learn common myths about grief as well as strategies for healing.
- Emotional and physical support in a safe and non judgmental environment as you learn about the uniqueness of your own grief
- Support and understanding from others who have experienced a similar loss
- The opportunity to begin the healing process through sharing your own story and hearing the stories of others
- Coping skills to help you through the most difficult days of your grief journey
- Hope through companionship with people who "get it" and understand first-hand what you are going through
- The opportunity to discover new traditions and ideas to keep loved ones present in heart and memories
- Increased understanding of how children and other family members react to loss
- Permission to grieve and permission to live a happy productive life
- You can expect the group to be led by a professional with years of experience working and walking along with those in grief.
Feel free to contact the church office if you have any question or need.
Phone: (806)-795-4377 Email: