But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior." (Titus 3:3-6)
In Christ, there is a great grace awaiting. There is a gift being offered that we don't deserve, and that we can't earn. God freely offers the gift and He tells us how to receive it. "Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life" (Romans 6:3-4).
In baptism ...
- A person becomes identified with Christ. (Galatians 3:26-27)
- A person is added to the church, the people "called out" of the world having been saved. (Acts 2:41, 47)
- A person receives forgiveness. (Acts 22:16)
- A person changes in status from a sinner separated from God to a saint who is joined to the Father. (1 Peter 3:21)
- A person receives the Holy Spirit as an indwelling Presence. (Acts 2:38)
Baptism is a simple step that changes the trajectory of your life. God's work in you at baptism is immense. Want to know more? Want to take that step? Let us help.